We welcome you to Fircrest Municipal Court for your initial passport needs. You may pick up applications at the court or go online at www.travel.state.gov.
Adult (16 years or older) applications require the following for passport or passport cards:
1) The US Passport Application (DSP11) MUST be filled out completely. Do NOT sign the form until you are in front of an Acceptance Agent. Your Social Security number must be provided on this form.
2) You MUST provide proof of citizenship. The following proof is accepted:
- A certified, original birth certificate
- A prior, undamaged passport
- An original Naturalization Certificate
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad
- An original Certification of Birth
PLEASE NOTE: These items will be sent with your application when applying for your passport. The government will return them to you under separate cover before you receive your passport.
3) One passport photo. Must be in color, white background, no eyeglasses, front view and 2×2 inches in size. ( These are NOT taken at the court. These may be attained separately at stores such as Walgreens, Rite-Aid, Costco, or Bartells.)
4) Photo ID: These can be driver’s license, driver permits, military ID or state issued ID card. If you have an out of state license, please provide a second piece of identifying documentation (ie. school ID card, membership cards with photo, etc.).
Children (15 years or younger) applications require the following for passport or passport cards:
Please provide 1-3 as listed in the adult passports, including the following:
4) Both parent’s Photo ID: These can be driver’s license, driver permits, military ID or state issued ID card. If you have an out of state license, please provide a second piece of identifying documentation (ie. school ID card, membership cards with photo, etc.).
PLEASE NOTE: All minor children MUST appear when applying with passport and BOTH parents or legal guardian must appear with the minor child. You may contact us if you have any questions regarding this.
When applying for a passport and/or a passport card, please be aware the court DOES NOT TAKE DEBIT/CREDIT CARDS. Payment must be in the form of a check, money order or cashier’s check. CHECKS PAYABLE TO U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE.
Books: Age 16 & Over: $110
Age 15 & Under: $80
Cards: Age 16 & Over: $30
Age 15 & Under: $15
**To expedite add $60 to above fees.
Processing Fee: $25 per application made payable to Fircrest Municipal Court.
- Those not born in the State of Washington, to obtain your original birth certificate please refer to your birth state’s vital records website or office.
- We do NOT accept renewals for adults over 16 years of age unless the previous passport was processed as a minor, or if a passport was damaged or stolen.